What are the benefits to staying healthy??
How do we prevent ourselves from getting sick??
- What is the difference between illness and disease?
Basics of Infectious Disease
- Evolving Infectious disease. http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/exhib_infectious/where_are_they_int.jsp
- WHO Disease Fact Sheets
Understanding Illnesses Make me Genius Video “Immune System”
Pick one of these scenarios below. Research what caused the student to get the illness or disease. List facts, history, causes, symptoms, and how to not get that illness/disease.
Scenario Ideas for Newsletter Articles on Website
- A student goes to the nurse because his tooth is aching. The following resources will be helpful as you develop your article:
- A student scratches his arm and feels that it's bumpy. When he looks at his arm, he notices red bumps. The following resources will be helpful as you develop your article:
- A student's foot itches, especially between the toes. The student looks between his toes and notices the skin is all red. The following resources will be helpful as you develop your article:
- While hiking in the woods, a student drinks water from a stream. Later that day, he has sharp pains in his stomach and feels like he might be sick. The following resource will be helpful as you develop your article:
Immune Video (switch to 4th after this year)